Tuesday 29 June 2010

Birds

We seem to have an abundance of sparrows up here this year. It's causing the odd punch-up on the bird feeders:

Sparrows

Sparrows

Sparrows

Though some species do manage to share it in peace:

Greenfinch & starling

Fortunately the hooded crow hasn't tried to hop on yet - he nearly breaks the fence, so I dread to think what he'd do to the feeder:

Hooded crow

I'm trying to make more time for photography in my life, so yesterday morning I went down to the beach for an hour before breakfast, hoping to see the otter. This was the best picture I got during that time:

Rabbit

Not encouraging!! But today I went to the puffinry at Drumholistan and got some of my best pictures to date, which cheered me up no end:

Puffins

Puffins

Puffins

Puffins

Puffins

Puffins

Puffins

I was amazed how close they let me get - apart from the first picture with just the puffin's head in it, these are uncropped photos.

3 comments:

GaAm said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Honeysuckle said...

Some of those puffin pictures would be great as a series of cards with comical, or not comical, captions. Or without captions at all. They'd just look good anyway.

LG said...

Beautiful photos...those of the bird feeders are amazing...I'd love to live one day in a small cottage close to the water'sedge just as you've shown...postcard pictures for sure...enjoy the rest of your week...

LG