Sunday 21 June 2009

Strathy Forest

Smokey and I went for a walk into Strathy Forest yesterday, because I wanted to see if I could find the rocking stone again.

Rocking stone & guardian

You stand on top of it and wobble from side to side and it makes an immense noise that, before the forest was planted, you would have been able to hear all over the valley:

Strathy Forest

Both times I've been in that forest I've been lucky and seen deer:

Red deer

She and her two friends disappeared sharpish - Smokey was so excited by the smell that he ran the entire length of the loch and disappeared into the forest after them. Thank goodness for whistle training, but it made for one tired hound:

Smokey

And my best wildlife photos from the afternoon? Taken less than 20 feet from the main road, where there are golden plovers nesting right beside the track!

Golden plover

Golden plover

Golden plover

Golden plover

1 comment:

Alec said...

What perfect timing for Smokey to yawn!