Wednesday 21 January 2009

Westerdale and Loch More

Since I had to go into Thurso to pay some cheques into the bank, I thought I'd take the opportunity to come back via Loch More. On the way there you drive through Westerdale, which is the site of this mill:

Westerdale Mill (2)

There's another derelict building opposite it, which I wanted to explore, but getting to it involves hopping over rocks in a river and since many of them were still covered with ice (at 3pm!), I decided to leave that one for another, warmer, day.

This is Loch More bothy:

Loch More bothy

When it's been raining, the loch pours over the dam you can see on the left of the picture, but today it was disappointingly low. The light was lovely though:

Lochside rocks

And on the way back I saw a sparrowhawk hunting over the fields:

Sparrowhawk

No comments: