Thursday 17 July 2008

I'm in

The very first post on this blog, made before we moved house, was about a photography competition run by Scottish Natural Heritage. The closing date is the end of July, so I thought I'd better get my skates on and enter if I was going to.

After much mulling over, one of the dragonfly pictures and the foxglove picture have been entered (or they will be when Outlook Express finishes chugging its way through 12MB of pictures - they wanted hi-res jpegs), so watch this space. There are an awful lot of very talented photographers up here, so if I make the long list of the final 30 I shall be over the moon and if I'm in the top 3 you'll hear the squealing from the other end of the country!

Oh, and in the course of writing the blurb to go with the entry, I discovered that the dragonfly is a Golden-ringed dragonfly or Cordulegaster boltonii - probably a female.

Results announced at the end of August, anyway. I'm going to have to pass on the Countryfile competition this year, I've got nothing good enough that fits the theme (Nature in motion).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck! Fingers crossed...