Monday 11 August 2008

Armadale sunset

At 9:10pm last night I looked out of the living room window and saw a pink cloud:

Armadale sunset (1)

This is usually a sign that there's going to be a superb sunset behind the house, so I went out to have a look. And sure enough...

Armadale sunset (3)

The moon had come out:

Armadale sunset (2)


I went inside to get my coat and a shorter lens and set off towards Port a'Chinn, the colours deepening as I walked:

Armadale sunset (5)

And as I watched from the road by the Salmon Bothy, the sun finally set:

Armadale sunset (6)

Armadale sunset (7)

No filters on the camera, no Photoshop magic - that's really how it looked. If the clouds are anything like that tonight, I'm going to Strathy Point about 8.30!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous. :)