Sunday 31 August 2008

It's all about the light

Apologies for the lack of updates, it's been a busy week. However, the good news is that my Mum's visiting for a week, starting tomorrow, so we'll be out and about with the cameras every day.

I've finished reading the first Joe Cornish book and one of the points he made that struck me was that there's no such thing as bad light, there's just the wrong light for the kind of picture you're trying to take.

So when I was sea-watching on Strathy Point yesterday afternoon (saw bugger all!) and the sky was overcast, I remembered what I'd read and instead of grand coastal vistas, tried thinking in more pastel tones:

Misty view from Strathy Point

Misty view from Strathy Point (2)

Then the clouds came in and I got something a bit more dramatic:

Clouds

Food for thought, anyway.

No comments: